The Resource Boy swallows universe
- Boy swallows universe
- Statement of responsibility
- Trent Dalton
- Families -- Australia -- Fiction
- trueDrug traffic
- Drug dealers -- Fiction
- trueDrug dealers
- trueCriminal justice system
- Boys -- Australia -- Fiction
- trueBoys who are mute
- Brisbane (Qld.) -- Fiction
- trueBrisbane, Queensland
- Prisoners -- Fiction
- trueGrowing up
- "Eli Bell's life is complicated. His father is lost, his mother is in jail, and his stepdad is a heroin dealer. The most steadfast adult in Eli's life is Slim-a notorious felon and national record-holder for successful prison escapes-who watches over Eli and August, Eli's silent genius of an older brother. Exiled far from the rest of the world in Darra, a neglected suburb of Brisbane, this twelve-year-old boy with an old soul and an adult mind is just trying to follow his heart, learn what it takes to be a good man, and train for a glamorous career in journalism. Life, however, insists on throwing obstacles in Eli's path-most notably Tytus Broz, Queensland's legendary drug dealer. But the real trouble lies ahead. Eli is about to fall in love, face off against truly bad guys, and fight to save his mother from certain doom-all before starting high school"--Front jacket flap
- Australian Book Industry Awards, Book of the Year, 2019.
- Australian Book Industry Awards, Literary Fiction Book of the Year, 2019.
- Australian Book Industry Awards, Newcomer of the Year, 2019.
- Library Journal Best Books, 2019.
- Librarians' Choice (Australia), 2018.
- Nielsen BookData Australian Booksellers’ Choice Award, 2019.
- NSW Premier's Literary Awards, People's Choice Award for Fiction, 2019.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- B69 2019
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of Boy swallows universe
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Boy swallows universe
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.wrl.org/resource/KCpmkaYhY_s/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.wrl.org/resource/KCpmkaYhY_s/">Boy swallows universe</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.wrl.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.wrl.org/">Williamsburg Regional Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>