The Resource The road
- The road
- Statement of responsibility
- Cormac McCarthy
- Voyages and travels -- Fiction
- trueFamilial love
- trueFathers and sons
- Fathers and sons -- Fiction
- trueNear future
- truePersonal conduct
- Regression (Civilization) -- Fiction
- trueSurvival (after nuclear warfare)
- Survival -- Fiction
- trueUnited States
- In this postapocalyptic novel, a father and his son walk alone through burned America. Nothing moves in the ravaged landscape save the ash on the wind. It is cold enough to crack stones, and when the snow falls it is gray. The sky is dark. Their destination is the coast, although they don't know what, if anything, awaits them there. They have nothing; just a pistol to defend themselves against the lawless bands that stalk the road, the clothes they are wearing, a cart of scavenged food--and each other. This book boldly imagines a future in which no hope remains, but in which the father and his son, "each the other's world entire," are sustained by love. It is an unflinching meditation on the worst and the best that we are capable of: ultimate destructiveness, desperate tenacity, and the tenderness that keeps two people alive in the face of total devastation.--From publisher description
- ALA Notable Book, 2007.
- Booklist Editors' Choice, 2006.
- James Tait Black Memorial Prize for Fiction, 2006.
- Library Journal Best Books, 2006.
- New York Times Notable Book, 2006
- Pulitzer Prize for Fiction, 2007.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- R63 2006
- Literary form
- Series statement
- Oprah's book club
- Oprah's book club
- Target audience
ContextContext of The road
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The road
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.wrl.org/resource/N8Yn7QtWpSw/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.wrl.org/resource/N8Yn7QtWpSw/">The road</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.wrl.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.wrl.org/">Williamsburg Regional Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>