The Resource The Known World
- The Known World
- Statement of responsibility
- Edward P. Jones
- trueWomen with disabilities
- trueAfrican American Fiction
- trueAfrican American fiction
- trueAfrican American plantation owners
- trueAfrican American slaveholders
- trueAfrican Americans
- trueAntebellum America (1820-1861) -- 1820 -- 1861
- trueFreed slaves
- trueFugitive slaves
- trueHistorical Fiction
- trueHistorical fiction
- trueHusband and wife
- trueLiterary fiction
- trueMen with disfigurements
- truePlantation life
- trueVirginia -- Social conditions -- 19th century
- From Edward P. Jones comes one of the most acclaimed novels in recent memory—winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction and the National Book Critics Circle Award for Fiction.The Known World tells the story of Henry Townsend, a black farmer and former slave who falls under the tutelage of William Robbins, the most powerful man in Manchester County, Virginia. Making certain he never circumvents the law, Townsend runs his affairs with unusual discipline. But when death takes him unexpectedly, his widow, Caldonia, can't uphold the estate's order, and chaos ensues. Edward P. Jones has woven a footnote of history into an epic that takes an unflinching look at slavery in all its moral complexities."A masterpiece that deserves a place in the American literary canon."—Time
- ALA Notable Book, 2004.
- BCALA Literary Award for First Novelist, 2004.
- Booklist Editors' Choice, 2003.
- International IMPAC Dublin Literary Award, 2005.
- National Book Critics Circle Award for Fiction, 2003.
- Pulitzer Prize for Fiction, 2004.
- YALSA Outstanding Book for the College Bound, 2009.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of The Known World
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The Known World
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.wrl.org/resource/eJ6EOXCdeXA/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.wrl.org/resource/eJ6EOXCdeXA/">The Known World</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.wrl.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.wrl.org/">Williamsburg Regional Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>