The Resource Front desk
- Front desk
- Statement of responsibility
- Kelly Yang
- trueSouthern California
- Self-confidence -- Juvenile fiction
- Motels -- Juvenile fiction
- trueImmigrants, Chinese
- California, Southern -- Juvenile fiction
- trueChild immigrants
- Chinese Americans -- Juvenile fiction
- trueChinese in the United States
- Exploitation -- Juvenile fiction
- Families -- Juvenile fiction
- trueFifth-grade girls
- Friendship -- Juvenile fiction
- Girls -- Juvenile fiction
- Hotels, motels, etc. -- Juvenile fiction
- Immigrants -- Juvenile fiction
- trueImmigrant families
- trueTen-year-old girls
- Mia Tang has a lot of secrets. Number 1: She lives in a motel, not a big house. Every day, while her immigrant parents clean the rooms, ten-year-old Mia manages the front desk of the Calivista Motel and tends to its guests. Number 2: Her parents hide immigrants. And if the mean motel owner, Mr. Yao, finds out they've been letting them stay in the empty rooms for free, the Tangs will be doomed. Number 3: She wants to be a writer. But how can she when her mom thinks she should stick to math because English is not her first language? It will take all of Mia's courage, kindness, and hard work to get through this year. Will she be able to hold on to her job, help the immigrants and guests, escape Mr. Yao, and go for her dreams?
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2019
- Asian Pacific American Asian Pacific American Award for Literature: Children’s Literature, 2020.
- Black-Eyed Susan Book Award (Maryland), Grades 4-6, 2019.
- Booklist Editors’ Choice: Books for Youth, 2018.
- Great Lakes Great Books Award (Michigan), Grades 6-8, 2019.
- North Carolina Children's Book Award, Junior Books category, 2020.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2018.
- Sequoyah Book Awards (Oklahoma), Intermediate Books, 2020.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Intended audience
- Ages 8-12
- LC call number
- LC item number
- Fr 2018
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Series statement
- Front desk
- Series volume
- Target audience
- pre adolescent
ContextContext of Front desk
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Front desk
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.wrl.org/resource/xGJnfbpZfhM/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.wrl.org/resource/xGJnfbpZfhM/">Front desk</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.wrl.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.wrl.org/">Williamsburg Regional Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>